Monday, August 30, 2010

A day in the life of Syd my Senegal Parrot

Syd my Senegal Parrot


I wake up when it gets light in the morning, then everyone else must wake up, if I am up then so must they. I want all my heady scratches and beak scratches, and lots of attention, I am a baby in the morning and at night.
I love pure berry juice in the morning, I have a sip and then everyone has to look as I sip.
I am a spoilt little parrot, I get rusks dipped in coffee (parrots are not allowed coffee-I know), but I have had it every morning for 4 years now.

I had a bath which is quite a ritual for a Senegal Parrot

I decided to have a bath, which is dipping my head & beak in the water and then splashing my feet in, my mommy bought me a big bath, but I like to use my drinking water bowl, which I have used for 4 years now. I rush up and down my cage jumping on my swing and then back down to bath. It is so refreshing and enjoyable.


Well then I spend the rest of the morning in my house (cage), the afternoon after lunch I come out and bother my mommy or I sit quietly on the chair behind her as she works on the computer. Otherwise I come and bother her and sit next to the computer, jumping on the keyboards. I want attention, I do get bored eventually even though I have my music playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment